Over 10 days in May 2015, 17 stoic Youngcare supporters trekked 300km through the Simpson Desert to experience what life might be like for a young person living in aged care – not a “life”, but an existence comprised of isolation, uniformity, restrictions and little decision-making ability.
See below for our incredible trekkers and organisations that supported the Challenge.
The Youngcare Simpson Desert Challenge embodies the strength and determination of those who founded Youngcare and, in Youngcare’s 10th year, is a fitting way to commemorate all that has been achieved over Youngcare’s lifetime.
The Youngcare Simpson Desert Challenge 2015 was the third Challenge, with the previous Challenges in 2011 and 2013 raising over $1.6 million for young people with high care needs.
CLICK HERE to see the full gallery of photos.
The Trekkers at the Geo Centre of the Simpson Desert! The first group to do so since our Challengers in 2013!
- James Atkin Dabbs | NSW | NAB
- Kylie Blucher | QLD | Nine Network
- Andrew Bottomley | QLD | The Landscape Construction Company
- Clayton Evans | QLD | EzyQuip Hire
- Mark Foley | QLD | FKG / Youngcare Board
- Sharon Foley | QLD
- Sonia Giusto | QLD | NAB
- Samantha Kennerley | QLD | Youngcare
- Richard Kennerley | QLD | UQBS
- Paul Lawton | ACT | Suncorp
- Joe Phegan | VIC | Savills
- Terry Phillis | QLD | Suncorp
- Simon Smith | NSW | Servcorp
- Darren Sullivan | QLD | De Luca Corporation
- Nicola Wellington | WA
- Daniel Wilkinson | QLD | Suncorp
- Scott Younes | VIC | Suncorp