There is need for action
There is currently a gap in the Australian health care system. Young people with high care needs have limited choice when it comes to where they live and how their care needs are supported.
Young people deserve to live young, dignified and relevant lifestyles, regardless of their care needs. We believe significant change is required.
Youngcare has been working to form strong, strategic alliances at all levels of government and the health care sector to improve how the system currently operates.
Youngcare works with local, state and federal governments; and the sector to bring about national policy and systems changes so that every young person requiring appropriate care is receiving it.
- That people with high care needs have the right to choice
- That aged care, as the only choice, is not appropriate
- That there should be housing choice for people with high care needs
- That there should be relevant and appropriate care models
- That the Federal and State Governments must address the issue though policy changes
- That there is need for investigation of a National Disability Scheme (NDIS)
- That young Australians with 24/7 care needs should have access to relevant information
Click here to view Youngcare's response to the Productivity Commission's inquiry into an NDIS.
Click here to view Youngcare's response to the Queensland Government's 10 Year Plan paper.
For further information on our policy initiatives please call Anna Cox, Policy and Research Manager, on 07 3041 3400.