Challenge yourself like never before in 2019
It’s the ultimate Australian adventure challenge.
The trek will be a daily mental and physical challenge, but it is one that will have a profound impact on the lives of young people with high care needs and their loved ones.
The completely isolated environment provides a striking reflection of the challenges that young people with high care needs face on a daily basis.
Date: 30 May – 9 June, 2019
Cost: $35,000 fundraising target applies
Temperature: 0 – 40 degrees
- Trek 250km across the Simpson Desert
- Visit Poeppel Corner – the intersection of three Australian states; South Australia, Northern Territory and Queensland
- Spend 9 full days and nights in the desert, exposed to the elements
- Climb more than 1,000 sand dunes, carrying a 10kg backpack
- Have no access to toilets, showers, bed or any other luxury
Meet Our 2019 Trekkers:
Support their journey by clicking below!
“The Simpson Desert Challenge was the most physically challenging experience I have ever undertaken. There were times throughout the trek where my mental toughness was tested in ways I had not experienced before. Despite my challenging experience not once did I regret my decision to take part, I enjoyed every single day of it,“ Matt Pearson, 2017 trekker.
“I can’t say that this adventure is a task with no reward, as challenging as it may be, I am loving the environment, the personal reflection and the development and companionship by all involved. Knowing that the steps I take and the funds I raise will make a life changing improvement to someone I will likely never meet is an extremely gratifying notion,” Matt Tuttle, 2017 trekker.