North Lakes Development – joining Brisbane’s trendy, northern hub
Youngcare on Astley presents 7 x 2 bedroom apartments in an integrated development for young people with high physical support needs. This complex, not far from the bustling hub of North Lakes is designed to engage the external community, create vibrancy and ensure that young people with high care needs are fully integrated in a true community.
- Fully accessible, modern living spaces
- 24-hour on-site care
- Plug in ready Automation infrastructure provided through out
- Close proximity to North Lakes hub and Westfield shopping centre
- Designed above SDA standards for High Physical Support
- Communal outdoor space with barbecue area
- Main door to the apartment is fully automated
- Built-in wardrobe
- Each room has an ensuite – wider door frames / larger bathrooms to allow use of shower bed
- Access for wheelchairs under kitchen sinks
- High laundry plinths for access to washing machines / dryer
- Intercom access including connection to OOA for assistance
- Each apartment has a personal deck / balcony
- Each bedroom has a separate store area to park and charge wheelchairs
- Each apartment comes with Dish drawer, fridge and washer-dryer in addition to cooktop and oven
- Blinds and flyscreens throughout
- 98 metres to cafes, chemist, convenience store and medical centre
- 230 metres to bus stop
- 12km drive to Redcliffe Hospital
- 9-minute drive to North Lakes Westfield Shopping Centre
- 9-minute drive to Mango Hill train station
Youngcare is passionate about providing age-appropriate and dignified homes for young people living with high physical support needs.
The development is just one project Youngcare has in place to work with government and private investors to see the 28,000 Australians eligible for Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) funding under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) gain access to quality housing appropriate for their lifestyle and care needs.
“There are currently around 2,500 young Queenslanders with high care needs living in inappropriate accommodation like aged care, hospital rooms and institutionalised housing, with more than 200 living in the Moreton Bay Region,” – Anthony Ryan, Youngcare CEO.
If you, or someone you know, has high care needs and is looking for a fully accessible home with 24 hour care, click here:
Express your interest now
Click here to register your details