If you have SDA eligibility declined or approved at a different level to what was applied for, follow the steps below:
1. Speak to your Support Coordinator about the outcome.
Gather evidence about your functional need and housing preferences.
2. Lodge a request for internal review of the decision (s.100) to the NDIA.
3. After an internal review is completed by the NDIA, if the person whose interests are affected still disagrees with the decision they may make an application directly to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for external review by an independent tribunal (section 103 NDIS Act). The AAT cannot review a decision until an internal review has been completed.
4. Make a complaint about the decision to the NDIS.
5. Talk to a NDIS or SDA Provider for further advice and support.